Tasty tortilla, very popular in the Middle East, is in demand in Russia. You can put meat / mince / sausage, vegetables and sauce in the finished pita to make a complete and very tasty dish. It is not difficult to cook pita, the main thing is to give the dough to rest before baking.
To prepare the pita, take the following ingredients:
- 360 gr flour;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 250 grams of warm water (1 cup);
- 1 tsp yeast;
- 1 tsp vegetable oil.
1. Dissolve the yeast in a glass of warm water. Mix flour with salt. Add the yeast water to the flour. Form a dough that should stick to your hands. Do not add extra flour. Cover the container with dough with food film and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
2. Add to the dough 1 tsp. butter, well remember the dough with your hands for 5-7 minutes. Cover and leave the dough for 30-40 minutes.
3. Lightly sprinkle the risen dough with flour, do not “hammer” it with flour completely. Start kneading it with your hands. Divide the dough into 6 pieces.
4. Roll a ball out of each ball, lightly roll it into a layer, cover with cling film and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Roll out each layer of dough, cover with a towel and cling film and leave the dough “rest” for the last half hour.
6. Bake the pita in the pan or in the oven. It is baked on a heated dry frying pan over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. During the preparation of the dough you need to turn a couple of times. In a minute it will start to rise and swell inside. The same thing happens in the oven - there the pita is baked for 3-4 minutes at a temperature of 260 degrees.
Pita bread is ready. Enjoy your meal!
Learn the detailed process of making pita can be from the video below: